FINDING ALLIES IN THE SCRAPHEAP

I never had much respect for Jefferson Beuregard Sessions. Being a Republican was part of it, but being a racist piece of shit from a state where too many racist shits still exist was the most important reason. Yes, I know that the Republican party adopted those racists in 1972, but until recent years there were honorable people within the GOP.

We have not heard much from Jeff Sessions lately. Maybe he feels in his own mind shame for his connection to Donald Trump, and the yeoman's work he did to get Trump elected. I for one, have raised him from the "Well of the Souls" where I had him. Jeff Sessions, of all of the recycled sycophants connected with Trump had the distinction of recusing himself for his meetings with Russian officials when Trump was a candidate. More importantly he stood up to President Trumps bullying. Perhaps too, he is no longer a racist piece of shit from a state where too many racists still persist. 

There is a lesson here, I think. Trump is recycling his old toadies. That's not the recycling I support but we could learn from it. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. William Krystol no longer feels comfortable with his GOP stickpin, likewise Mitt Romney. Michael Bloomberg shed his Republican coat of arms many years ago. He has used his vast fortune to support sensible gun regulation, among other worthy goals. He, and they may not be my ideal candidate, and you will not find me wearing their campaign pins, but I welcome their help, and their money. Whether we are Christian or not, redemption is a noble concept. We must be willing to offer redemption to those who have earned it. We must always leave that door open.

Postscript: In spite of my attempt to sound noble, I will not offer, or recommend that redemption to Charles Koch or Rush Limbaugh. I have my limits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANNABIS-INFUSED SODA, AND OTHER BLESSINGS.

PINKY: IN MEMORIAM

IT COULD HAPPEN HERE.