I DO NOT MOURN FOR RUSH

My mother died from lung cancer, from second-hand smoke. My dad smoked until he was in his 50's. I know the misery of lung cancer through my mother's suffering, and for others I have known who suffered the disease. Some politicians, especially Republican politicians, sought to prevent us from learning the link between smoking and cancer. For those people a fat stogie was a symbol of their contempt for science. Among those science deniers was Rush Limbaugh. Those science deniers became climate change deniers. 

I have great empathy for anyone suffering from any cancer. Sometimes those people are innocent bystanders. Others have been cowed into accepting the hogwash that science deniers have spread like cream cheeses on a bagel. I do not extend those feelings to Mr. Limbaugh. He has learned the meaning of karma. 

So light up a big Cuban cigar, Rush. Smoke to your hearts content. I wish you a miserable end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANNABIS-INFUSED SODA, AND OTHER BLESSINGS.

PINKY: IN MEMORIAM

IT COULD HAPPEN HERE.