IRONY

     It's such a pleasure to be able to write something that isn't expressing my distaste for the piece ofshit that used to occupy the Whitehouse. His party is still doing what they do best, but I'm setting them aside for a poem. I'm not comfortable with poetry, it has always seemed just beyond my reach. 
     But from time-to-time I get that masochistic desire to fail at something spectacularly. 


                                                     IRONY
All my life I've
Admired writers; 
Fed on their product, 
Their labor and
Their ruminations.

Deep down in my
Subconscious mind
I wanted to be
As talented as they,
To write with skill.

Finally, in the 
Closing decades of 
My sentient life, 
I've learned to write a
Sentenc filled with depth.

To assemble those 
Sentences into
Paragraphs; stringing
Them into a train
Of concise concepts.

And now, just as
I've gained the skills
That I've desired.
The whole world changes. 
Tweets are what are read.

280 characters!
Not words, just letters!
A space the equal
A character no
Less than a letter.

It's similar
To learning epic 
Poetry while the 
Rest of the planet
Reads Haiku.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANNABIS-INFUSED SODA, AND OTHER BLESSINGS.

PINKY: IN MEMORIAM

IT COULD HAPPEN HERE.